Dumpster is categorized in the ‘Productivity’ section of apps on Google Play Store. The app’s content is fit for a person aged 3+. The minimum OS requirement for the app varies from device-to-device and so does the latest version of the application. You can install the app for free. However, there are some in-app purchases for add-ons.
Our smartphone devices store the most precious data we have. Our beautiful pictures and videos, documents, music, and what not! But the problem is, what are you supposed to do when you accidentally delete a specific file? Or what if after deleting you realize that it was actually required? This is one of the reasons why some people prefer having hard copies of their important documents or pictures. But well you don’t need to do that.
You can instead install the dumpster app. This app works just like the recycle bin in Windows. When you delete some data, it stores the same. You can recover it back right when you need it. The features of the app include:
- You can recover any music file, video, image, document (pdf, word, etc.) back even after deleting you.
- You can do that without manually backing up all your data again and again.
- You can preview the deleted files in the Dumpster App before recovering them.
Developer Name/Developer Company /Android App Size/Rating /Number of Downloads
The application is developed by Baloota. The size of the Android application is 7.6 MB. It has received an average rating of 4.1/5 based on 146,509 votes. The application has been downloaded 100-500K times.Dumpster is the very much needed Recycle Bin of Android. Both the Windows and Mac OS provide this option, but Android doesn’t. Thus, the app is quite handy.
Pros of the Application
- It allows you to restore almost any and every type of file. (mp3, mp4, word, pdf, png, etc.)
- You don’t need to back up your data on Cloud, One Drive, etc.
- Rooting is not necessary. Though you can use the app better if your root.
- You can even recover uninstalled apps.
- You don’t need any internet connection to use the features of the application.
- You can schedule the auto-cleaning of Dumpster. It would clean the Dumpster app automatically.
- You can add a lock-screen for Dumpster to protect the privacy of your data.
- The deleted data stored in Dumpster can be backed up with Cloud.
- The app content can be translated in Italian and Vietnamese.
Cons of the Application
- The app displays too many advertisements which can be irritating.
- It may crash down often on some devices.
- Due to some bugs, the app doesn’t work on a few devices.
- The newer versions are lagging a lot and taking more time to restore the data.
The working and the interface of the app is extremely simple. It is just like a Recycle Bin, but only better.
As soon as you open the app, you can see all the files you have deleted. You can filter them if you want to reach a specific file. From the Dumpster App itself, you can preview the contents of the files before you restore them. You can even check the size, file type, location, etc. of the file in Dumpster.
Not only are the files stored in the Dumpster app, but you can even organize them according to your requirement in folders.
From the app settings, you can schedule the app cleaning for every week, every month, or every 3 months. Also, you can add a lock screen to the application to prevent someone else from going through your data.