WhatsWeb is an Application categorized under the ‘Communication’ section is Google Play Store. The App Content is rated for age 3+. The minimum requirement to use this app is that your phone should have 4.1 and up Android OS. The application is completely free and doesn’t have any in-app purchases either. The latest version of this app, 3, was launched on 7th November 2016.
WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to use multiple WhatsApp accounts from the same device. Neither can you operate a single account from multiple devices. This is where WhatsWeb comes to your assistance.WhatsApp released their Web view feature recently. WhatsWeb is an application completely dedicated to this feature.While the WhatsApp web feature allows you to access your account from a laptop or a PC device, WhatsWeb allows you to do the same from other mobile and tablet devices as well.
It is an application created specially as a tool for WhatsApp. With this application, you can:
- Run multiple accounts from the same device.
- Run the same account from multiple devices.
- You can access all the data (chats, contacts, etc.) from the second device as well.
However, the calling and other features of WhatsApp cannot be availed when you use your account from some other device. But you can completely access the chats, contacts, media, etc.
Pros of the Application
- The concept of this application is really useful and come handy to a lot of people.
- Also, the application functions on almost all the smartphone and tablet devices. Thus, anyone and everyone can access it.
- The setup process is very easy. Thus, you don’t need any master skills to use the features of the application.
- The app is completely free. You don’t have to pay even a penny to use the application.
- The Multiple-account and the multiple-device features are very interesting and helpful.
Cons of the Application
- Since the application is free, it works on advertisements. That is not a problem. But the fact that there are way too many advertisements creates troubles. It doesn’t allow you to work swiftly.
- The application has a lot of bugs and often hangs while using.
- Sometimes, the application doesn’t even start. You either have to restart your phone or find some other solution.
- You cannot access other features of WhatsApp like calling from any other device.
Overall, it can be said that the idea and the concept of the application are very good. It even fairs well for some users. But the developers need to update the application to make it more responsive and focus on some bug-fixes. Also, adding some additional features like WhatsApp calling and videocalling can also be beneficial for the users.
As mentioned earlier, the application performs two main functions:
- Allows the use of multiple WhatsApp accounts from the same device.
- Allows the use of the same WhatsApp account on multiple devices.
Using the same account from multiple devices is a pretty easy task using WhatsWeb. In fact, it is just like using the WhatsApp Web feature.
Install the application on the second device from which you want to access the account. Open the application. You will see a QR Code on your screen. Connect the main device to a high-speed internet connection, preferably Wi-Fi. Open the WhatsApp application and go to WhatsApp Web. Scan the QR code and you are done.WhatsWeb is developed by Karoon.The size of this Android Application is 46.9 MB. WhatsWeb has received an average rating of 4.0/5 based on 9560+ votes. The application has been installed by around 1,000,000 – 5,000,000 users.
The overall functionality, features and the ease of use make this application a decent choice.